C++ is not simple at all. It's probably the biggest language out there with the most caveats.

On 2015-04-03 0:13, folkert wrote:
Please write it in something common.
If you target linux I think it is unusual to target .net.
Why not just c++? Proven technology, simple to write in.

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 09:02:09PM -0400, Joshua Shriver wrote:
BTW I greatly appreciate all the input! and put in TODO.txt

Since I do plan to make this open source and ON github.

Guess I'm looking for "helper developers"

I own like 12 servers so can host, while keeping the solid boardspace in tact.

In fact I just bought 2 more servers, 1 real 1 replication.

Again I'm curios of language??

I'm top at C/Perl for "real contimplation"

BTW I am a Linux guy true and true since 1994.  But I am DAMN tempted
to write it in C#. Especially w/ MS OSS .Net framework. WE always had
mono but right now. That is where I am REALLY leaning.

I don't even know C#,  but good at JAVA despite my hatred for the language lol.

My goal is to move away from interpreted languages and release SOLID
.exe or bin for unices.

Client viewer, client host for engine.

Seriously I am ok now, financially, and my hobby projects are mature.
I have time to REALLY drive in and make CGOS what it deserves. But
again it needs a pure re-write lol

BTW as the future maintainer, given any/all emails that come from this
thread. I ALSO appreciate emails from people recommending people.

It's easy to get 20+ ppl saying OMG I want to help.  But I need at
least 1-2 more core devs outside me, especially if I'm working in a
language outside my zone.

So I also ask fellow devs to post comments on what language you think
would be good for now/future prospects.

-Josh

Folkert van Heusden