Hi!

  I think Detlef is thinking right about it - if I had the time to work
on CGOS, I would look at reusing whatever is done already in the area of
having programs play against each other, and extending that with
literally just networking + userdb + rating + autopairing + webreports.

  Gogui (in Java) is one obvious starting point, though it seems more
sensible to me to reuse the gogui classes in your project rather than
building CGOS within the gogui project.  Another possible starting point
is gomill (Python).  At any rate, I think that if you reuse existing
work, you should be looking at a relatively small project to do,
actually!

  (But this is all just kibitz from me, of course.)

--
                                Petr Baudis
        If you do not work on an important problem, it's unlikely