On 7/25/2015 8:57 PM, Rafael Sakurai wrote:
... I'm also new with computer Go, and I have the same doubt. ...

Hi Justin, I started to draft a Go API in Java, the goal is to create an API with the main game logic and anyone can use with their own visual interface ...

Please, let me know if this project is of interest to you .. https://github.com/rafaelsakurai/GoAPI/

i had an api and code for humans playing. it looked similar to yours.

i recently added some features to play different board shapes and topologies.

if you want to be able to edit games and look at variations, then the data structure that you end up with is a binary tree of sgf nodes (or something very similar).

if you want to play with another program or write a go server, then you need to talk gtp or go modem protcol. these api's were very different than my original api.

thanks

--
Honesty is a very expensive gift. So, don't expect it from cheap people -
Warren Buffett