On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 10:33:30AM +1000, djhbrown . wrote:
> However, i have to admit that in 1979 i was a false prophet when i claimed
> "the brute-force approach is a no-hoper for Go, even if computers become a
> hundred times more powerful than they are now" [Brown, D and S. Dowsey, S.
> The Challenge of Go. *New Scientist* 81, 303-305, 1979.].

  I think you are right, though.  In my opinion, calling MCTS "brute
force" isn't really fair, the brute force portion really doesn't work
and you need to add a lot of smarts both to the simulations and to the
way you pick situations to simulate to make things work.

--
                                Petr Baudis
        If you have good ideas, good data and fast computers,