> On looking at the position later, I found that White would get two more ko
> threats by starting at c2, they are at c1 and then at e2, while Black has two
> ko threats in the upper left corner. So by playing at c2 instead of a2, White
> could have won the ko fight and the game. (I realise that CGI9's thought
> processes are entirely unlike mine; but it is now so rare for me to notice an
> error in play that I wanted to mention this one.)

I don't agree to that assessment. Black had three more threads on the upper
right corner (f9, j9, h9) if he needs to, so there was no way White could have
won the game. Of course Sa6 was also a thread removing thread, but it didn't
mattered anymore since white removed threads first (so they both agreed more or
less to finish the Ko early).