Thanks to everyone for their interest and responses.  The second and third
questions are easy:  I shall keep the zeroes in the "annual" table, and I
shall update the crosstable after each round whenever this is convenient
for me.  I really don't feel qualified to contribute to question 1, the
"limited hardware" issue.  I like the idea of making the Slow tournaments
limited to one core, one processor, one thread, or whatever, so as to
reduce power consumed and contribute less to global warming, but I don't
know if there is a practicable way of doing this.

I hope you will continue to discuss question 1.

Nick

Nick Wedd      mapr...@gmail.com