Hi everyone,

I haven't yet caught up on most recent go papers. If what I ask is
answered in one of these, please point there.

It seems everyone is using quite heavy playouts these days (nxn
patterns, atari escapes, opening libraris, lots of stuff that I don't
know yet, ...) - my question is how does that mix with AMAF/RAVE? I
remember from the early papers, that they said it'd be dangerous to do
it with non random playouts and that they shouldn't have too much logic.

Which, well, makes sense (to me) because the argument is that we play
random moves so they are order independent. With patterns that doesn't
hold true anymore.

What's the experience out there? Does it just still work? Does it not
matter because you just "warm up" the tree? Or do you need to be careful
with what heuristics you apply not too break RAVE/AMAF?

Thank you!
Tobi

--
www.pragtob.info