Wow, excellent results, congratulations Aja & team!

I'm surprised to see nothing explicitly on decomposing into subgames (e.g.
for semeai). I always thought some kind of adaptive decomposition would be
needed to reach pro-strength... I guess you must have looked into this;
does this mean that the networks have learnt to do it by themselves? Or
perhaps they play in a way that simply avoids their weaknesses?

Would be interesting to see a demonstration that the networks have learned
the semeai rules through reinforcement learning / self-play :-)

Best,
Erik