Hello,

> There is no way in GTP to distinguish intentional from unintentional
> passes, so I suppose the simplest way is to perform things manually.

Manually would mean. In each situation the followiong has to happen:
(i) The program to move proposes a move x or a PASS.
(ii) In case of a move x a die is rolled to decide to which place y on the
board
this move goes. y is returned to the program and to the opposing program.
In case of an unintended pass this information has to be returned to both
programs.
(iii) In case of an intended PASS tis is transmitted to the other program.

So: the programs for this manual mode need to have the possibility
to enter move, unintended passes, and intended passes. Of course also
takeback of moves should be possible to deal with operator errors.

> Maybe it is an informal tournament and time controls don't really matter.

There should be some time limit like 30 seconds or 1 minute per move (for
the process that leads to proposal x or PASS) - and the operators should give
their word of honor that they have implemented this.

By the way: All programs should run on (more or less) identical hardware.

> Also, do these remote participations come at a fee? :-)

Of course: 50 Euro when a programmer participates "only" in Frisbee Go
simulation.
And 25 Euro only, when Frisbee Go simulation is his second or third or ... game
in
this Olympiad.

Ingo.