From: Computer-go [mailto:computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org] On Behalf Of
Álvaro Begué
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:56 AM
To: computer-go
Subject: Re: [Computer-go] Machine for Deep Neural Net training

What are you doing that uses so much disk space? An extremely naive computation
of required space for what you are doing is:

30M samples * (42 input planes + 1 output plane)/sample * 19*19 floats/plane *
4 bytes/float = 1.7 TB

So that's cutting it close, But I think the inputs and outputs are all binary,
which allows a factor of 32 compression right there, and you might be using
constant planes for some inputs, and if the output is a move it fits in 9
bits...

Álvaro.