> The purpose is to see if there is some sort of "simplification" available
> to the emerged complex functions encoded in the weights. It is a typical
> reductionist strategy, especially where there is an attempt to converge on
> human conceptualization.

That's an interesting way to look at it. If you do this with several
different smaller NN of varying complexity, and see how good they are, you
would get some kind of numeric estimate of the complexity of the encoded
concepts. Of course. there is the slight problem, that we also would need
to map those "simple" NN to concepts somehow.