Hello everybody,

thanks to Nick for organozing the tournaments and for
providung the reports. Thanks to the top scorers Zen
and Aya for participation and for showing their strong
Go.

Thanks also to ManyFaces and Leela for participating!
Eight years ago both were the surprise winners in the
Computer Olympiad (2008, Beijing). The favorite for Gold
had been MoGo, but like a phoenix from the ashes ManyFaces
rose and took Gold both on 19x19 and 9x9. And Leela gave
MoGo a hard fight, catching Bronze in one discipline and
Silver in the other (do not remember exactly, in which one).

That tournament in Beijing triggered my reentry in the computer
Go scene. A few months before (in May 2008) a free Leela version
had been distributed. I tried it on 9x9 and played a single test
game: My impression was: very weird style, including weak play
in the final phase of the game. Although I lost by half a point,
my impression was: I am way stronger than this bot.
What a wrong impression...

Ingo.