Dear Ingo and Pasky,

>* the heavy-hardware one (project sponsored by Japanese company
>Dwango). The Zen-Dwango project was initiated in March 2016,
>just after the Lee-Sedol-AlphaGo match. It is highly ambitious.

Just one thing to correct.  The project was announced at March
1st, before the match.

>By the way, it would be interesting to see which other bots
>have similar problems (like Zen19X) near the end of the round-1 game.

The basics of MCTS is ramdom sampling from a set of (good)
moves following to a leaf node of search tree, until game
finishes.

On (not only but most importantly) L&D problems, "tenuki" causes
a big problem, ie, the probability of alive (or death) becomes
not 100% but rather 80% or even 50%.  On typical cases such as
nakade, Zen is trying to make the prob 100% but in general cases
it's impossible.  So, for this game, center black group is killed
in the simulation at certain percentage in (I geuss all) MC bots
(including even AlphaGo which also uses MC simulations in
part).

Best,
Hideki