Odin has now generated 50000 games with 100 simulation and 90% prior for a random move, and 10000 games with 5000 simulations and 15% prior for a random move, with temperature 1.

The network has been trained all the time and the loss function is now dropping about 0.02 units every 10 hours or so.

I loaded all the self generated games in in Drago and compared the distribution of moves several opening positions and compared to the priors generated by latest save network. I was expecting chaos and randomness but it already looks really ordered. It is clear that this network is not memorizing positions because the network is predicting much stronger moves than the statistics from a given position in the training games would do. I guess this also happens when the training set is less random but in this case it is really striking.

I just added add some 3 versions of Odin to CGOS 9x9 all playing with 5000 simulations, Odin_1.1.8_5K without network, Odin_1.1.8_5K_N1 with the first network, and Odin_1.1.8_5K_N22 with the latest network.

Magnus Persson