> I also think that what makes real go that hard is ko, but you've shown that
> it's
> equivalent to ladder, which frankly baffles me. I'd love to understand that.

Just different definitions of "hard"? Ko is still way harder (more
confusing, harder to discover a winning move when one exists) than
ladders in the way they each appear in typical games.

> http://tromp.github.io/img/WO5lives.png
>
> Might be useful for go event organizers in need of arrow signs...

:-)

...though it might end up with blocked corridors, as people stand around
the signs and argue about the best move, instead of going where the
organizers want them to go!

Darren