From: Stefan Kaitschick
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 2:28 PM
To: Aja Huang ; computer-go@dvandva.org
Subject: Re: [Computer-go] replacing dynamic komi with a scoring function

The correct answer is 0, because shifting by just 1 point drops the rate to 10%
But is this really a dynamic komi problem?
I mean, is there really a graceful way to misevaluate semeais?
apropos semeais: would it be feasible to expand RAVE to include the information
of the previous move?
( like the "killer heuristic" in chess)
It could be limited to the 5 by 5 surroundings, so that the previous move is
one of 24 points or "other".
But that's still not cheap computationally. I just have no idea how much effort
it takes to maintain the current RAVE.

Stefan