On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 12:49 AM, Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz> wrote:

>   Hi!
>
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 12:12:52AM +0100, Erik van der Werf wrote:
> > I just noticed in the archives that none of the last 3 messages sent to
> > this list reached my gmail account. One of them was by a well known
> > conference spammer, but the other two (by Remi and Ingo) definitely
> should
> > have made it through. Like Ingo, I recently also tried to register
> another
> > address but that didn't work either.
> >
> > Perhaps we need to move the list elsewhere?
>
>   I run a mailman instance that handles various mailing lists - Pachi's,
> but also e.g. a fairly lively mailing list for Czech beekeepers (really!)
> and I do try to take care of keeping delivery from that host to other
> mailservers working.
>
>   I can host this mailing list, ideally even back in the computer-go.org
> domain (otherwise, as computer...@v.or.cz).
>
>   Michael, what do you think?  Would you be ok with me hosting the
> mailing list?  Or do you plan to take a look at the delivery problems
> yet?

Sound great Petr!

I was considering to offer hosting it myself, but my host doesn't have
mailman installed (it has majordomo), and I really like the archive
functionality we currently have as provided by mailman (essentially it's
the only thing that still seems to work reliably).

@Álvaro: the problem for me is not so much that messages are labeled spam
(your solution will solve that); the problem is that from the current host
some messages simply don't arrive at all (so not even in my spam folder).
For instance, I could only read your reply by checking the archive.

@Dave: Yes I understand it requires some maintenance to keep things in
shape, but we are currently in a situation where a substantial part of the
messages never arrive and new people cannot even subscribe to the list (at
least me and Ingo weren't able to register a new address recently). So
unless Michael or one of us takes action this list seems destined to die.

Best,
Erik

PS I BCCed my original message to Michael on both his dvandva and yahoo
address, but so far didn't see a reply. Also on an earlier message I never
got a reaction. Does anyone know if he's ok?