On Apr 10, 2007, at 7:50 PM, Tom Piwowar wrote:

Once an hour at the Franklin Institute. I wonder if they still do this?

I lost a bunch of stuff from a lightning hit. It took out a computer, which was unplugged and disconnected from the telephone line, buy entering via the audio inputs and outputs which I had connected to audio gear. I also lost a couple of channels in my audio mixer, and some audio processing stuff at the same time, as well as other electronic items. That was not my first time losing stuff to lightning either. No type of surge protection can ever guard against such power. You gotta unplug it all when those storms come unless you are ready to pay the price, and that season will soon be upon us again.

  Steve