Does anyone on the group, that lives in the DC-Metro area, use this type of
cell phone?

Christopher

Yes. I have an 1100, 3595, 6010, 3220. I also have a Samsung flip phone that I hate. All get good reception, but flip phones are pointless--takes more effort to use--sliders aren't too bad, but candy bar phones are easiest. Microphones and speakers on our Nokia phones are much better than on Moto phones. Moto phones only sound good when you use bluetooth. The Slvr and Razr sound awful.

Nokia bar phones are as close as you can get to being indestructible [like Shure mics], except when you drop one that's turned on into a Big Gulp lie my son did. I accidentally dropped my 3220 from an outside staircase onto concrete. The cover came off, but the battery stayed in place; phone works fine, so does camera--rubber bumpers are fine too. Don't try this with your Razr, Krzr, or Slvr unless you're ready to buy a new phone.

Nokia phones are the easiest to unlock using simple codes. Other phones require a dongle or special software from your provider or mfg. My main complaint with Nokia is that there are fewer world phones for sale in the US than other companies--lots of triband, fewer quadband.

Both Cingular/ATT and T-Mobile have good networks in the DC metro area. For other than GSM networks, I don't know.

Betty