On the point the we are "snowflakes" ("gentle snowflakes" according
to Lewis Black) was the NPR piece on med students who learn
the every-body is different. E.g., working on a normal cadaver and
seeing the the left elbow joint looked like a textbook drawing (something
rare in and of itself) and then upon dissecting the right elbow, finding it was
unrecognizable to them.

Alvin Auerbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I don't know if it's been proved or
disproved, but it's within the
realm of possibility.

First of all, while all human beings are "sort of" alike, in fact, we
are each a bit different from the other.

Recall that when drug companies test a new drug and find that in,
say, 1000 people tested, there are no severe side effects; when it is
put on the market and 10,000 or 100,000 people or more are using it,
often very severe side effects are discovered.

Now about the effects of radio frequency electromagnetic radiation:
Recall that your microwave oven is tuned to the resonant frequency of
water molecules, and those molecules readily absorb that energy. It
is conceivable that other molecules in the body are absorbing energy
all of the time, but the "Q" or resonant gain of the molecules are
low. Suppose that one in
500,000 individuals have a variant of some molecule that happens to
have a very high Q at some radio frequency.

A personal story: I was temporarily doing work in the very high field
strength close to a radar. So high that when a ball point pen was
dragged and skipped along a metal surface, it would draw very
palpable arcs. A person who worked in that field many times, asked
me, "Do you hear it?" I said, "Hear what?" He said, "Well, some
people hear it and some don't." I shrugged my shoulders and went
about my work. A few minutes later, I jumped up and said, "I hear it,
I hear it!" Somewhere in my head, I was detecting the RF, and I heard
the rep rate of the radar. "Dzzit, Dzzit, ..."

"Well, some people hear it and some don't." Not everyone was
affected, but I sure was!