Or when family moves into TV room and starts holding a discussion and you have hearing problems. :-) A frequent occurrence.

Stewart

At 12:37 PM 5/23/2007, you wrote:
If TV is not your thing, don't TIVO. If there are shows that you like so much
that you want to watch every week as soon as they come on, DVR's are liberating. We actually spend less time in front of the TV than without a DVR (comcast's fyi) because we watch on our schedule.

Buffering is really a great convenience if you can't understand what someone is saying, if a phone call interrupts your viewing. Unless you never
want to watch live-broadcast again,
buffering is just a much better way to watch TV. I can't wait until the same technology shows up in radio - especially car radio, I will never miss the DJ's announcement of a song
title again (curse you, WPFW!)

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ozark, AL  SL 82