EULA's get into contract law not criminal law.

What is a contract worth if you are not going to keep it. Or to echo Tom's word, is it just a business decision.

Would you want to shop at a grocery store where they view contracts as something only to be kept if it is to their advantage?

Would you want to eat at a restaurant if they decided to keep the health regulations if it was only to their advantage?

It comes down to a matter of ethics.

Can I name you a number of companies that have shown a lack of ethics because they made business decisions? (Tyco, Cendant, Adelphia, Enron, MCI/Worldcom to name a few of the better ones.)

Now the corollary comes up, what is the ethical standard of an EULA that restricts the software from being used in a normally useful and seemingly legal way?

It is an ethical minefield out there.

Just remember this old axiom. Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights made an airplane.

Stewart

At 12:36 PM 5/25/2007, you wrote:
>So, my question is: What, precisely, are all the things that could go wrong,
>were I to violate the EULA?

Have we gotten to the point where every crime is just another a business
decision? If the benefit exceeds the fine or the probability of getting
caught is not high then is there anything you would not do?

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Prince of Peace
Ozark, AL  SL 82