Mason--You don't need to justify it to me or confuse me with other people.
Really. You. Don't.

Please refer to the points in my previous post where I shared your happiness
and noted my primary dislike of the whole situation.  It's really very
simple.  I shouldn't have to spell it out, but I will:

1.  As much as I dislike marketing trolls, I hate lap dog tech writers who
jump at their command and live to hype the next big thing, for *months*.
2.  It's poor way to spend money.  YMMV.

Go.  Be happy and productive.  I will continue to be simultaneously happy
for you.  When the price and restrictions drop and it ceases to be a
drooling marketing orgy of Scrooge McDuck proportions, my skin will crawl
less at the sight of one.

Really.  We get it.  We really do.