On Aug 17, 2007, at 10:35 PM, Dan Blum wrote:

Hello all:

After many years as a PC user, I've decided to move to a MacBook Pro. I've never used a Mac, so I don't really know the advantages of any operating
system version over another. Given that, is it worth it to wait until
October for OSX 10.5 to come out, or should I go ahead and buy one now? My
current computer is old, but still works, so waiting a couple of months
isn't a problem for me.

You probably should not want to grab up a machine with 10.5 installed until a bit of time has elapsed from the date of the initial release of that version of the Mac OS. This would be nothing more than the standard cautious approach to the release of anything new in the software world. OSX 10.4.X should move you along just fine for some time to come if you want to get a leg up on things.

  Steve