Only way I have ever heard of is if you can find someone else to take
the line Verizon will transfer and if I remember rightly you will no
longer be responsible.  There are some websites which can help you
look, celltradeusa.com is one if I am remembering the name correctly.

on Thursday 09/13/2007 Christopher Range([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote
 > Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
 >
 > > We have talked over cell phone companies before and I have always been
 > > happy with mine up until yesterday.
 > >
 > > I have a family plan with Verizon, which I have had a few years.
 > > Earlier this year I upgraded both my wife's and mine cell phones,
 > > which required a new two year contract.  We also have two other phones
 > > part of this family plan.
 > >
 > > Over the past few months my one son has monopolized the plan and
 > > caused me to pay overages, so I put it to him, either shape up or get
 > > your own plan.  He and his friend did just that.  (he is in college)
 > > So now I have this extra phone and line I do not need.  I called
 > > Verizon and they want to charge me $175.00 to drop this line. His line
 > > is a secondary line on my plan and not one I had purchased a phone on
 > > (He supplied his own phone).  Turns out they want $175 for each line
 > > if I wanted to cancel with them.  (I talked with the local outfit who
 > > I signed up with and the little girl there was awfully snooty about it.)
 > >
 > > Anyone know any tricks or special ways to get around this?  I do not
 > > want to keep an extra line for the next year and a half, neither do I
 > > want to spend $175. to cancel a line that is not going to be used.  I
 > > am pretty mad at them right now, and they will no longer get
 > > recommendations from me to any local people.
 > >
 > > Thanks.
 > > Stewart
 > > Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
 > > mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > > Prince of Peace
 > > Ozark, AL  SL 82
 >
 > Stewart, While I only got a Verizon cell plan a couple of months ago, I
 > remember having to go through a situation similar to yours, with anothe
 > company.  They wanted to penalize my (ex)fiance n' I for leaving the
 > company when, we had already had the plan two years which is what the
 > original agreement stated.  I told them, I was prepared to take them to
 > court for lying on the original agreement.  That is when they backed
 > down and, did not charge my (ex)fiance n' I for switching.
 >
 > Christopher

 > * New address? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L YourNewAddress
 > * Need more help? Send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > * Messages bearing the header "X-No-Archive: yes" will not be archived

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]