Windows Restore only restores the Windows Registry to a previously created restore point state. It's not a total system backup/ rollback tool. It won't restore changes to application software or user data for instance.

db

Robert wrote:
I too have often gotten these messages when I try to correct a problem by using system restore. When this happens, the problem has to be solved by some other means.

I don't really know, but I think that whenever a new application is installed or an old one is removed, the system can't be restored to a time before that was done.

In my experience, the problem never has involved a hardware failure such as a bad disk. Sometimes an application caused the problem, sometimes a bad or missing file in Windows caused the problem. The trick is to diagnose the problem -- fixing it then usually is easy.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I tried to do a system restore to an earlier time and well over a dozen restore points that should have been available did not work. I kept getting the "Unable to restore to MM/DD/YY" Message.
Any thoughts?
Tracy Foust

Sound Resolution
Suite 8