...oh yeah, why did I choose WD ??  ...postings said it's the quietest of
all.  In my Dell 4400 desktop the WD (which was so quiet I had to look at
the light to see if the box was running) failed after over 5 yrs and I
replaced it with a Seagate Barracuda which is noisier, not real bad but not
quiet.  In the x31 I have a Toshiba 5400 and it's very quiet.  The cooling
fan almost never comes on.