Here are two links from the support area - hope they help. If they don't work, go to the Symantec web site, navigate through the support area, select the product, and (at the bottom of the page) "Search Our Solutions Library." The second link is for the Norton Removal Tool, which you might need to run before trying a fresh install of the new product. Good luck.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/0/d9daa481fb01b54c652571fc004821ca?OpenDocument&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&docid=2006100318422013&nsf=sharedtech.nsf&view=0&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us

-Andy

Christopher Range wrote:
I have Norton SystemWorks 2005. The subscription renewal I got in Aug.'06, expired last month, as expected so, I recently bought the NSW Standard Edition Uprgrade. My problem is this:

1. If I install NSW 2005, it obviously shows the subscription has expired so, I try to install NSW SEU. I get an error so I un-install NSW 2005. 2. If I install NSW SEU, it installs all the way except, nothing shows up in the Start Menu or, on the desktop.

I feel like my brain is oozing out my ears from picking it for an answer.

I would appreciate some ideas on how, to fix this.

Christopher

/snip/