You can try Eeye's Blink free for a year and only $25/year after that.
 It does the firewall, antivirus and antispyware all in one.  It also
goes after things that act badly but aren't on the black list for
viruses and spyware yet.

<http://www.eeye.com/html/consumer/products/blink/download/index.html?id=feature2>

On 9/27/07, db <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Virus software is not sufficient by itself anymore.
> Zone Alarm Security Suite
> You can get it free with a promotional pain in the butt or buy it outright.
> http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp
>
> db
>
> Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
> > Avast. www.avast.com
> >
> > Stewart
> >

> > At 06:38 PM 9/26/2007, you wrote:
> >> A coworker of mine just bought a new Dell computer (with Vista) and
> >> her free Norton Anti-Virus (spyware blocker etc) has expired.  She
> >> turned to me to ask me if she  should renew it or get something else
> >> and if so what.  I told her I couldn't answer it because as she knows
> >> I'm a Mac man and that would be a different answer.  I however told
> >> her that I would check with the list.  What do you recommend? It is a
> >> family computer.  They are a family of 3. Their son is about 12.
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Steve
> >
> > Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
> > mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Prince of Peace
> > Ozark, AL  SL 82

> > * New address? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L
> > YourNewAddress
> > * Need more help? Send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > * RSS at
> > www.mail-archive.com/computerguys-l@listserv.aol.com/maillist.xml
> > * Messages bearing the header "X-No-Archive: yes" will not be archived

> * New address? From OLD address send: CHANGE COMPUTERGUYS-L YourNewAddress
> * Need more help? Send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> * Messages bearing the header "X-No-Archive: yes" will not be archived

John Duncan Yoyo