This lady might benefit from a resource like SeniorNet. She might find a peer group. She'll learn things, maybe completely new things that will develop new interests for her to pursue.

Who knows.. soon after Sue gets the PC set up the lady may go online, order a Mac, pull it out of the box, and be online in 15 minutes and doing all those cool things the "Mac Guy" does in the Switch commercials!

Then maybe she'll join a local MUG and start doing presentations in Keynote, build a blog on day trips for the 70+ crowd, publish that book, and go on Oprah!

This link says it all in a fifteen item list that seems to cover Sue's points of concern.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/

cb