I think 10.4 was a big improvement over 10.3. From what I've read so far, and I've looked in to it quite a bit, there are no features of 10.5 that would motivate me to get it. There are some neat new features and some worthwhile improvements to the standard Apple programs that would be useful, but I'm happy and comfortable doing things in ways that are becoming old fashioned, like putting things where they belong rather than having to do searches to look for them. I don't go for eye candy like the transparent Dock. That's just silly. I guess I'm getting old, because some of what is new in 10.5 strikes me as excessive visual stimulation for people with a shorter attention span that mine. I do backups by hand also, and I don't like the files to be in a special format or readable by some special program. I did start using Carbon Copy Cloner recently and I like that a lot. Thank you Tom.

Jordan

mike wrote:
I've been reading that this is not a major release, I'm wondering what
denotes it as major for those mac users on the list thinking of getting it?

Mike