Is there some way to select an off-screen window that doesn't display a taskbar
button?

Win XP, SP2

I run a nifty utility called Cymphonix Speed-O-Meter (cymspeed.exe).  It's
freeware, and the provider doesn't seem to support it.

It loads a small transparent window, that shows a one-minute display of the
network traffic, i.e., each second it determines the average download and
upload speeds for actual traffic (total bytes during the second divided by one
second) and displays 60 seconds worth as a line graph.

The window has been "mysteriously" moved off screen.  When cymspeed.exe loads,
the window briefly appears and then is seen to move off the lower right corner
of the screen.

With a "normal" application whose window has gone off-screen, one would select
the taskbar button for the open window, then press Alt-spacebar to open the
control menu, then select "move," and then move the window back on-screen using
arrow keys.  Done that many times.  But cymspeed.exe doesn't display a taskbar
button when it is running.  There is a systray icon, but none of the options on
the menu of the systray icon is useful (On my win 2k machine, with dual
monitors, clicking the systray icon closes the cymspeed window on the second
monitor, and clicking again reopens the window on the primary monitor --
doesn't help on the single monitor xp machine.)

The cymspeed transparent window does have a control menu.  There is no icon on
the left end of the title bar, but, when the window is properly displayed, if I
select the window, and press alt-spacebar, a control menu appears and I can
select Move and then move the window with the arrow keys.

I know it is running.  It appears in Task Manager under "Processes" (but not
under "Applications").

Uninstalling an re-installing doesn't fix it.  Apparently the registry code
isn't removed.  I guess I could run a registry cleaner in one of its forms, but
every time I do, something breaks.

Any help on a fix?  Is there some way to select an off-screen window that
doesn't display a taskbar button?

Thanks in advance,

Fred Holmes