>There is a DRM option in the TiVO software for forced deletion after a
>fixed time determined by a flag set by the network programmers.  It
>hasn't been used much   There was a hullabaloo about it  a few years
>ago when a few local programmers set it on a few programs.  No one has
>said much about it since and I suspect that the programmers thought
>better of using it.

Thanks for your experiences. It looks like the Tivo will be a fine
replacement for my Replay.

>There is one feature that people either love or really loathe -
>Suggestions.  Suggestions guesses what you might like based on your
>ratings up three thumbs up or down.  It records these programs if
>there is extra space and they are the first to go if you have a show
>programmed to record.  I find it gets things I want to watch about 20%
>of the time.  It keeps rotating thing so you get new surprises. I have
>lots of hard drive space on three machines so it doesn't bother me.  I
>have one machine that is largely shows for 7 year old and it gets
>things for kids without much other stuff.

My Replay will let me match on words in the show title or description.
So, for example, I have it set to record anything with the word "Italy."
This often leads to surprises that make my wife happy.

I can also do text search on the program guide. I assume Tivo does that
too.