My old office computer is behaving strange... (never a dull time).

The other day I powered it in AM ( as I always do) and it was dead. No power. Nothing went ON. Tired several times. Then I changed the plug to another outlet. It went on... I thought that this was the problem.... Well...

Today I came to work in AM. Started the computer. It was dead. Tried several times to click the switch to start. Nothing. Dead. Changed to another outlet. Nothing. Change the power cable. Nothing. My panic was starting. Called the computer shop. Yes they could send someone here in the afternoon... Panic!

Now, get this. As I was talking with the guy in the phone, without me touching it or doing anything...the computer went ON and started. Alone by itself. It has been ON ever since giving me the chance to make backups, print schedules, all of that. I am not afraid to put it off in the end of the day.

Wondering what is what... Earlier I took off the front cover (when it was dead) and I saw that it was dirty in the opening for the frontal fan... I am not even sure if this fan is working...

What could that be? Is not the outled or the power wire. It is not the switch. It is something that suddenly produced power (most likely the switch was ON after my attempts) expontaneously after a few minutes
being dead...

Please help!
Many thanks

Marcio