Yes, I suppose any kind of memory can get corrupted, though ROM (well,
EEPROM) would be much less susceptible than RAM.

The bigger question is why are you burning so many different types of
DVDs? I burn several per week and all of them are UDF, no
multisession, DVD-R, which the company buys in bulk for like 25 cents
each. When one of our burners starts acting up, it just gets replaced
without a whole lot of angst.