No. DSL does not work that way. You get the speed you pay for plus
usually a small margin. You get it reliably. You don't get wild highs and
lows.
That wasn't my short experience with AT&T DSL. I started out paying for the highest speed they offered and tested it several times a day for a week. I never got the higher speed but the lowest speed I got was the 'top' of the next level down so I called and switched to the lower cost service since the highest speed for t hat was what I'd been getting. Suddenly my speed dropped by half or more and was not even getting the minimum speed advertised for that level. I called tech support several times with no luck in improving my speed and lots of excuses. I had 30 days to cancel without having to pay THEM for cancelling and that's what I did. Cancelled it. I still had my Comcast cable going on another computer so I just hooked everything back up to that and instantly was back up to speed.
The DSL was cheaper but I got what I paid for.

Paula
IN/USA
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Have a wonderful day!