> Most of the rights they want granted are necessary to permit them to
> operate their service. The only odd one is about letting Google use
> your
> content in its advertising. It is overly broad and could be a problem
> for
> someone selling photography as a business. But a business would not be
> using Picassa.

I always interpret legal clauses as broadly as possible, since I know
whoever wrote them will do that even more so.

> >I'm not sure but I think the Google  rules that you refer to pertain
> >mainly if you post your pictures as "Public Albums".  You can also
> make
> >your Google album, albums or individual pictures private at the time
> of
> >uploading and there-after  only those  you have  have  sent an
> >invitation to that contains the URL key string will be able to view
> your
> >material.

Flikr recently had an issue where albums marked as "private" were available
to the public.

http://www.thesecuretimes.com/2008/02/private_flickr_photos_made_pub.php

Picasa has security issues as well, but then, so does most any software.

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/security/Picture-theft-through-hole-in-Google-
s-Picasa--/news/96554

Technology *will* fail; it's just a matter of when and how spectacularly.