> The home page (www.slate.com) and one article load just fine for me right now. I don't use slate at all. I'm located in Annandale, VA. Connected via Cox Cable. Using Mozilla. Yes, I know it's out of date, but I like its interface.
> Fred Holmes

I like Mozilla better than Firefox, too, although I have 5 different browsers, since none of them work on all sites.

Mozilla's a current browser. I just downloaded the latest update, v.1.1.8, this week. New name is Mozilla SeaMonkey. Interface is the same as old Mozilla, with a few new bells and whistles.

One of the main reasons I like it is that I can not only set more precise preferences, I can create new ones using about:config. I even share preferences with Thunderbird and Firefox. All of the Firefox plugins that I use also work in SeaMonkey. Try it!

Betty