Alvin,

Take the five color photos separately and open each in Preview. 'Save
As' dialog box gives a sliding scale at the bottom when you select JPEG.
Move the slider to the left for lower quality and your photo file size will
be much smaller.

I just took a +2MB photo, reduced quality to almost the lowest and the
result was ~50KB. It's a bit grainy, looks OK, but real estate fact
sheets are usually grainy anyway. You should be able to get the photos
below 100KB, maybe as small as 40KB. You could use GC, but Preview
is convenient--it's in your Dock.

Import the photos back into the fact sheet. Then print to PDF.

Betty

Alvin Auerbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

I've made a Real Estate Fact Sheet PDF for my GF, which looks nice but is too large to email to her. The first page has five color photos and weighs in at 25 MB.

My tools are a G5 iMac running Mac OS 10.5.2, AppleWorks, and GraphicConverter. Somehow, even though I've tried to bring down the file size of the photos to about 400KB each in GC, pasting them into AW and using the iMac Print function to create the PDF, the file size
 seem to ballon up.

What am I doing wrong? How can I bring the total PDF file size down to 10MB or less, so that I can email the file to her and she can print it? If I don't do this, it may affect our relationship! : (