One problem I have noticed is that if you upgrade to v. 8 directly from v.
7.5, I've seen, twice now, desktops not loading as a result; you just sit
there with a background and no icons.  Manually uninstalling 7.5 and then
installing 8 doesn't have this problem so far.  I've had to do system
restores to fix it.