>What I'm envisioning is one of our recruiting presenters gathering the
>information on a wireless PC, and then uploading it through a wireless
>connection onto a server that stores it.

If you must, I would go with an under $100 Palm device. You could get
software to create a custom form or just use the To-Do list function with
each person entering their name as a new item. Computer sync-up software
comes with the device. A desktop client (originally developed by Apple
for Mac and Win) gets you access to the data which you can then cut and
paste as your require.

Palm OS rocks, WINCE is as it says.