Follow up: I found this on the Mozilla Support Forum:

   *
     bnichols23 Wed 09 of Jul, 2008 19:03 PST

     The developers are aware of this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed
     in the next release. It's supposed to come out around the 15th.

     I try to be optimistic, but - hopefully - isn't exactly
     reassuring. At least now we know the developers are aware of it....

It looks like they weren't able to fix it in time for FF3.0 release

Richard P.

After Firefox installed it's latest upgrade, when I click on a link in Thunderbird, Firefox launches and opens the link but doesn't automatically go to the Firefox window. I have to physically click on the Firefox tab in order to see the Webpage. Before this, anytime I clicked on a link in an email, it would launch Firefox and go to the Firefox window automatically.

I noticed this quirk, too. While it seemingly doesn't look like the link in the e-mail worked, it actually opens another window in Firefox while not going to Firefox. You just have to click on Firefox in the Toolbar. It is an idiosyncracy I can live with.

Christopher