I refer to a client who lost a Word file. He said that he either did not save
them correctly or misplaced his edited version since he can no longer find
it.

I do not know what Word version. I assume that it is a Windows computer.

The client added that he did a desktop search using a Google search program
with no luck.

I am unfamiliar with Google Desktop Search (http://desktop.google.com). I
routinely search according to the following:
How to recover a lost file in Word 2007 or in Word 2003
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827099>
(Start--Search--All files and folders--etc)

How do these search utilities compare? Or is there a better way to search for
a missing Word file?

I downloaded and installed Google Desktop Search and then decided to
uninstall it. I find that Google DesktopSetup.exe is still on my desktop. How
do I get
rid of it? I'll await replies in case Google Desktop Search is better than
Windows search.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael S. Altus, PhD, ELS