Vista "security" is rumored to not allow any writes at all to the "Program
Files" folder.  One solution might be to reinstall Eudora to some other folder,
even d:\EUDORA\, for which you have write privileges.  I think Vista would
consider Eudora to be a "rogue" program.

My Eudora V6 puts embedded pictures (.jpg files, generally) in an "\Embedded\"
folder, not in the "\Attach\" folder.  It's in the Eudora folder as well.  I
just run Eudora from a portable hard drive and it doesn't require any registry
entries to run, at least in Win2K.

Fred Holmes