At 08:54 AM 8/1/2008, Tom Piwowar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The bluenoses are merely looking for some way to justify hating you...

I is not at all limited to sexually explicit material.

I agree completely with you, which uses up my "Agreement With Tom" quota for the decade, but I only addressed that one item since that's what was under discussion. Abortion, "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, prayer in public schools, creationism is science, and so on, are similar attempts at theocracy by elements of the American far right. To them, the United States stands for the right to impose their Christianity on you: "In this country, everybody has the freedom to practice MY religion."

In the news today we have reports of China's decision to block parts of the Internet from visiting journalists. These are mainly political views being blocked.

Why Western journalists, news organizations, and the frigging IOC, already, who are used to the value, meaning and intent of contract law in capitalist cultures and economies would actually believe a Marxist regime, in Asia, populated by people who are interested far more in the value of the personal power they hold under their communist system, than they are in the value or honor of their promises, is just beyond me. I heard an analysis yesterday, of the media access restrictions (on NPR, IIRC), and the analyst called the IOC's trust in the Chinese "naive."

OTOH, maybe the dude is right. At least, I THINK it was a dude. Yeah. Definitely a dude. Anyway, maybe he had a point, because if Tiananmen Square is an indication of how unimportant human lives, including (or especially) Chinese lives, are to these murderers, just imagine how insignificant to such people a promise (made to the imperialist, counterrevolutionary, and hopelessly bourgeois IOC) of media access is. It must be a great deal of fun for Hu Jintao, and his Beijing Bitch Boys, to micromanage every single ISP in the country, and not have to justify jack shit to anyone about any decision they make. Mel Brooks in a different movie: "It's good to be the totalitarian dictator."

We have Comcast and possibly now AT&T blocking P2P.

     And the western wear store down the street from me is blocking my hat.

     Coincidence?

     I don't THINK so.

Last night I was at Home Depot and found the store's parking lot plastered with "No Loitering" signs as well as signs in Spanish that claimed the parking lot was now under video surveillance.

     So, Tom. What were you doing loitering at the Home Despot?

               Bob

Electricity comes from electrons. Morality comes from morons.

OK
End