Interesting you should mention that.

The Aztecs used tobacco in their society for religious and medical purposes. (I am watching the History channel!)

Stewart

At 11:58 AM 8/4/2008, you wrote:
So we ban fast acting poisons, but allow slow acting poisons? What is the
dividing line between illegal fast-acting poisons and legal slow-acting
poisons? If you can crawl away before you die would that make it a legal
slow-acting poison? Or would the poison have to do its work over a period
of years to be judged a legal slow-acting poison? Would a
single-dose-effective poison be illegal, but one that required repeated
administration be legal? If the poison tasted good and was willingly
consumed by the deceased would that make it a legal poison? If one could
get the deceased to pay for the poison would that make it a legal poison?
If it can be established that the deceased wanted to die, would that make
it legal? What if the deceased did not know (or care) the poison was
harmful, but the purveyor did? If the deceased knew the slow-acting
multiply-administered poison would eventually lead to their demise would
the deceased become the damned? Does the introduction of the concept of
damnation make this a religious question?

America wants to know!

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ozark, AL  SL 82