What is the name of the DVD recorder?   When I Google "Samsung DVD
recorder" I get only links to camcorders.  When I visit the Samsung
web site, there is no product there that looks like a digital VCR
using DVD disks or hard drives.

It's a DVD player/recorder, Samsung DVD-R135. That's last year's model. New ones do more?

http://reviews.cnet.com/dvd-recorders/samsung-dvd-r135/4505-9141_7-31778396.html
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/subtype/subtype.do?group=audiovideo&type=dvdplayers&subtype=recordable

We often use DVD-RW disks, then edit on our Macs to burn in Toast. Newer DVD recorders may do DL, but not this one. Does what we need, so far.

Betty

-----

It seems that perfection is attained not when there remains nothing to add, but when there remains nothing to remove.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry