On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> mike wrote:
>
>> Windows 7 is a radical departure in the way MS builds it's OS.  Instead of
>> each feature being worked on and added in at various times and various
>> stages of 'beta', these groups aren't allowed to include their code in 7
>> until it is ready to ship.
>>
> If Microsoft puts features in just as they ship, it won't be surprising
> that they won't work well.
> I don't think that's what they do.
>
> Whoops! I let the 5th grader in me out for a second there.

They aren't even including things in the beta release until M$ believes that
they are ready to ship.  I do question if the testing they will get in house
will be as effective as a large number of outside testers.  There will be
beta tests of components but not of the really half done things that have
been released to bets before.

Given that Win7 will probably do a call in for patches and updates as part
of the installation process It would not be that difficult to add things
that aren't on the disc.

--
John Duncan Yoyo