Just an advice on the side. I only open my computer to do whatever, replace the CMOS battery, replace HD, etc starting on a Sunday that I am free with my time, starting at 8 AM. Prior to that I used to start after work in the evening and spent the whole night struggling with it. No longer... And... after you replace the first CMOS battery
the next time it will be very easy.

Computers sometimes scare us!...

Marcio