That is the one thing that disappoints me lately. Sites that have not kept up. with the bandwidth.

Stewart

At 07:48 AM 11/5/2008, you wrote:
We have basic DSL. It's fast enough for viewing and downloading most files. For Netflix streaming movies, we have to wait for buffering about 15 minutes, then they play through. Three factors slow things down:

- old computer; using our new ones makes a big difference in speed for Flash videos - bandwidth for servers where you're downloading larger files. Faster speed on your end won't make a difference there - neighbors [cable only]; cable is like a party line with shared bandwidth. speed slows down as more neighbors are online. It was noticeable when we had cable. May or may not be noticeable for you.

Sure you'll like the faster speed, but I hate the outrageous price for higher speed. If I hadn't been places with 15-20Mbs service for <$30 I wouldn't be so annoyed, but I can wait for more reasonable prices. For now, basic DSL is just fine. And it's not as fattening as dialup.

Betty

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ozark, AL  SL 82